The Service and Installation Rules of New South Wales (the Rules) is the recognized industry code outlining the requirements of electrical distributors when linking a customer to the distribution systems of New South Wales.
There are certain consumer main installation conditions, which are as follows:
- Applicants who want to get underground electrical cable wiring installation have to take the responsibility of on-location underground pipes and cables from communications, gas, water and electricity providers.
- Cable using for installation should be laid in accordance with the current ETSA utility services and installation rules, ETSA utilities notice to electrical workers, and standards Australia AS/NZS3000 – wiring rules.
- The underground electrical cables shall be laid across the footway at 90 degrees to the property line.
- Galvanized steel tubing is required to be installed for mechanical protection of underground
- Consumer mains cables at the horizontally installed depth across Council land.
- The Council will accept no responsibility for any damage to the electrical service from any cause whatsoever.
- A proper cable installation alignment wiring framework has to be set up.
To get your underground electrical cabling done with Gm Cable.